Thursday 15 December 2011

Dad




12 years ago today my dad passed away. He committed suicide after suffering from severe depression and my life has never been the same since. As a child, I was very close to my dad, I was his little girl and we shared many precious moments together that I will forever hold close to my heart. He used to wake me up early and we would sit and drink our tea together in the morning before anyone else was awake, telling each other stories and laughing together. Whilst I would trade a great deal to have him back for just a moment, I have grown and learnt a lot from his death. The emotions that revealed themselves on the day he died never really did go away, they just became less prominent and learning to deal with those emotions in a healthy way has been both my greatest challenge and accomplishment in my life so far. You cannot describe in words how it feels to lose someone close to your heart and there are days when I would trade my entire world just to see him for one more chat over a cup of tea, but I have come to accept his death, forgive him for his decision and continue to uphold his memory. I hope that I have made you proud Dad, I love you very much and I miss you every day.  

1 comment:

  1. He would be SO proud Skip - the proudest father in the world. I miss him too xxx

    ReplyDelete